HowTo: DVB and bttv with Linux 2.2.x

Hello,

DVB and bttv are working together for me now.
There are vdr, kvdr, xawtv and alevt running concurrently. Tuning is ok.

I know thats nothing too special (there were hints on this list and in
the kvdr doc), and will be obsolet with the comming kernels, but since
the Information is quite spread here`s a short howto for those
interested (maybe going into a future FAQ):

Change /etc/modules.conf like this:
  alias char-major-81       videodev
  alias char-major-81-1     bttv
  options bttv              card=2 vidmem=0xe00 radio=1

Rename DVB/driver/tuner.c to dvb-tuner.c. Replace all tuner.o in the
Makefile to dvb-tuner.o, recompile.

If you alredy had installed the dvb driver, you did overwrite your old
tuner.o in /lib/modules/2.2.13/misc/. You have to get it back! (eg. by
reinstalling kernel sources with yast under Suse 6.3)

depmod

modprobe tuner
modprobe msp3400
modprobe bttv