Re: Siemens card and SPDIF

Hi,

Szymon Polom wrote:
> You can use one of the available AC3 decoders and generate LPCM audio

How do I get the LPCM out of the AC3 stream ? Do I have to decode the AC3 via
ac3dec to some raw data and then encode it again via another tool/library (name,
url ?) or could some "availaible AC3 decoders" output LPCM directly ? Well, ac3dec
seems not to do this, maybe you could mention the names of such decoders in that
case ! :). I did'nt find anything at yahoo, ...

> and send it to the DVB card
> You are able to use LPCM to AVPES conversion or send the LPCM
> data as a PES LPCM stream.
You mean, I HAVE to do this encapsulation ? Are there any easy to understand infos
somewhere ?

I am asking this, because when playing DVD via "dvdplayer", I have serious
timedifferences between audio and video, so sending audio to the DVB card would be
quite useful, at least for me :), and I am of good will to try implementing such a
feature to "dvdplayer" or others (although my knownledge of audio/video codecs is
very rough)

Many Thanks,
 Michael Esser

Home | Main Index | Thread Index