problem with irdeto CAM

I'm trying to use a irdeto CAM with my siemens dvb card
I only can say that it does not work for me :(
I tried vdr and gvideo:
gvideo just does not display anything when switching
to a channel I should be able to encrypt
vdr even stops to work after a while when the CAM is
inserted into the slot.

I don't really know what to do now ...
it may even be a hardware problem
(don't have any other sat receiver to check ..)

is there any tool I could use for testing?
should there be some messages in a log file that
would tell me that the CAM is there?

for which voltage should this jumper be set 3/5V?

any help appreciated

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=

If it's not on fire, it's a software problem.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index