new VDR is great - VDR hangs with outcommand error

hi all.

first of all - thanks to klaus.

the new epg is GREAT - now even my wife (who starts to curse low-
voiced every time i touch the pc's keyboard) says it "was worth the
effort" *g*.

seriously, VDR IMHO has made some big steps forward with the
"schedule" menu. the point and click recording is superb.

===============

secondly, i like to ask what an "outcommand error" is, what it cause
etc.

from time to time, VDR will not react to remote-commands anymore.
top tells me, that VDR running with wild 20-30% cpu-time (normally it
uses max 8%, even when recording) and the log shows a couple of these
"outcommand error"'s.
i've got a workaround with a remote-key told to exec "rcvdr restart"
so this is just a minor annoyance.

next thing, when i run into these errors, is jan's pscan.
tried to use that to get a complete channel-listing - but the channel
listings are always way shorter then expected, the even lack of some
already "known" channels.
decided to sleep over it, next day tried again and notice these
"outcommand error"'s. trying to get answers i think i notice that the
scan extracted quite a number of channels till the first error
occured, then it wont find additional channels anymore.

i found the statements in the driver source, but it doesnt help very
much - this goes way beyond my knowledge.

ralph, marcus, anyone got an answer ?

wbr.tja...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index