new VDR is great - VDR hangs with outcommand error

Thomas Jagoditsch writes:
 > secondly, i like to ask what an "outcommand error" is, what it cause
 > etc.

It is an error in the firmware. I guess, the reason is usually the OSD
part which is not really written for heavy use. We would have to
rewrite all of that to properly fix it.

 > next thing, when i run into these errors, is jan's pscan.
 > tried to use that to get a complete channel-listing - but the channel
 > listings are always way shorter then expected, the even lack of some
 > already "known" channels.

Does the program use OSD while scanning? You could try the stest
program that comes with the driver.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de