Re: new VDR is great - VDR hangs with outcommand error

On 9 Nov 2000, at 11:47, Marcus O.C. Metzler wrote:

>  > secondly, i like to ask what an "outcommand error" is, what it

> It is an error in the firmware. I guess, the reason is usually the OSD
> part which is not really written for heavy use. We would have to
> rewrite all of that to properly fix it.

i c.
is there any thinkable way to get additional information about the
cause of the error ?
because its hard to tell from outside. every VDR-operation triggers
some sort of OSD output (except while recording & playback). and
while you watch there is no sign that VDR is running wild. only next
time you fumble on you remote you will see ;-)
to be clear: the driver works fine - but you cant switch the channel
etc...

>  > next thing, when i run into these errors, is jan's pscan.

> Does the program use OSD while scanning? You could try the stest
> program that comes with the driver.

dont think so, its just an commandline tool IMHO and talks with the
DVB driver. maybe jan could give us infos about pscan ?

i will look at stest, too.

wbr.tja...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index