Re: Newbee search for Information

Bernd Hoose wrote:
> I tried it yesterday to setup my CArd but get some Errors.

Of course you have to let us know what the errors are
if you expect us to tell you what they mean. ;-)

> I Think its because its no Siemens Card.

Those cards are identical.

> Anyone arround in my place witch practicle help?
> Or is there any information what to do if the card isnt found at "make ins"?

First look at /proc/pci. It should contain an entry like this

  Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
    Multimedia controller: Philips SAA7146 (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=15.Max Lat=38.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe2000000 [0xe2000000].

If it does not, your card is not installed or does not
function at all.

If there is such an entry in /proc/pci, do a "make insmod" in
the DVB/driver directory and post the error message(s) you get.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index