Re: where to get the Pnr information for VDR?

MK wrote:

> Hi,
> Well, got the latest VDR and DVB working with Mandrake 7.2
> The new VDR is great and stable with my configuration, but:
> -the use of a LIRC command is somewhat of a kludge though because
> buttonpresses tend to be catched twice. is there a way to set a time delay
> for key press catches?

There is one already.

1.  Try increasing REPEATDELAY (defined at line 86 of remote.c).

2.  If that does not work, try replacing

               if (Now - FirstTime < REPEATDELAY)
at line 450 of remote.c with
               if ((Now - FirstTime < REPEATDELAY) && (count != 1))

And let me know which one of the two solutions worked for you.

> - I don't know where to get the "Pnr" information for the different channels
> (I am using mostly french channels) to get the program titles and timing
> (great feature!) is there an URL on the web with this info?

I have created a list that was quite complete two months ago when
I made it. My main source for it was a channel scan using DVB-2000
on a D-Box. The DVB-2000 is quite good. All entries in that list
have unique PNRs. See
      http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg02098.html
for the Astra 28.2o East list and
      http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg02097.html
for the Astra 19.2o East list.

I know of three people who are working on a channel scan for
the DVB-S card - Andreas, Jan and Klaus. Knowing that all three
are very talented and also knowing that the results so far are
rather poor, I'd say the task is very difficult. I have seen a
working version so far only of Jan's software, but last time I
tried it, it found far less channels than the D-Box firmware.
I verified some of the mssing channels with vdr. They exist
(the driver can tune into them), so the problem is real. See
     http://www.panteltje.demon.nl/satellite

But even the DVB-2000-created list is not 100% perfect. Some
stations broadcast multiple language versions of their programme
on different APIDs. The windoze channel scan finds them and even
identifies the languages by name. My list does not. :-(

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index