Digital Terrestrial in the UK

I apologise in advance if my questions are not appropriate for this forum
& for my ignorance - I'm new to dvb matters.

I'd like to set up one of my linux boxen as a dvb vcr, & have found plenty
of info on the Web to keep me busy. However all that I can find requires
hardware decoding based on a dvb card, such as Siemens, marketted for
digital satellite.

Knowing nothing about the technologies involved, I have no idea if such
will work with terrestrial digi broadcasts, & if not, whether any suitable
hardware exists for which there is a linux driver. I'm in the UK & do not
have a digi satellite receiver.

Currently I have access to digital terrestrial via a normal aerial & a
couple of Nokia set top boxes (mediamaster 9850 t); one used with an
OnDigital subscription, & the other only for free-to-air. I can only
proceed with this if it is possible for linux to use the digi terrestrial
broadcasts.

Can anyone here clarify this issue for me? Thanks.

--
                                             _     _
    Michael Rozdoba    ICQ: 15835336    |_| |_ |  |_|  i'm trapped    | | |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index