[linux-dvb] Re: outcommand error with VDR 0.68

I have not installed vdr 0.68 yet, but I'm seeing the same problem
after running vdr 0.67 for a while. The usual symptoms are that vdr
stops responding and log entries like this show up:
   Nov 11 00:34:39 wald5 kernel: outcommand error 1
The last 4 occurences I found in my log were on Oct 24th, 25th and
29th and on Nov 10th and 11th. When I reboot the machine often, this
problem appears to happen less frequently.

Here is an idea: Of course, the problem should be fixed properly.
But in the meantime, could we simply change the driver so it reloads
the firmware every time it detects an outcommand error?

Cheers,

Carsten.

(posted Mon Nov 20 19:05:52 CET 2000)

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Apparently there is a driver problem with VDR 0.68 when it scans
> the channels for EPG info. As an immediate workaround I suggest
> comenting out the two lines 309 and 310 in 'vdr.c'
>
>    if (!Menu)
>       EITScanner.Process();
>
> and thus disabling the EPG scan. Apparently this only happens
> under special circumstances (for instance, the scanner ran fine here
> the entire last night, but this morning at 06:11:47 it startet
> reporting "outcommand error" and "commandrequest error" all the time,
> until I killed VDR and reloaded the driver (version 0.71).
>
> I don't know if there is anything I can do in VDR to prevent this
> from happening.
>
> Klaus
> --
>
> Klaus Schmidinger                       Phone: +49-8635-6989-10
> CadSoft Computer GmbH                   Fax:   +49-8635-6989-40
> Hofmark 2                               Email:   kls@cadsoft.de
> D-84568 Pleiskirchen, Germany           URL:     www.cadsoft.de

  | Carsten Koch                       E-Mail:  ckoch@ptc.com  |
  | Team Leader Surf Architecture and Graphical User Interface |
  | ICEM Technologies GmbH                Fax: +49-4286-1608   |
  | Waldsiedlung 7                      Phone: +49-4286-920001 |
  | 27404 Elsdorf-Hatzte, Germany        http://www.icem.com   |