[linux-dvb] Re: kfir LinuxTV MPEG2 Encoder board - image quality.

Carsten Koch wrote:

> So my question is: how do people rate the image quality
> created by the kfir LinuxTV MPEG2 Encoder board? Is it
> really good even at low bitrates? Is there even an objective
> benchmark that compares the encoding quality of a standard
> video sequence between various encoders?

DVB comes at 4 MBit. Yesterday I tried the Kfir with 1/4 PAL, 352x288 @
1.5 MBit with MPEG-2. It looks quite good. I'm decoding with a DVB card
and watching the picture on an old Amiga 1084S monitor.
'cause that's want you want to know: DivX is much cooler but I don't
know any code for a DSP. Not even the source code for running in Intel
machines.

cheers
Frank