[linux-dvb] Re: Info under VDR with CI?

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 10:33:34AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Can you please check the system time setting on your machine?
> There was one other VDR user who reported that he didn't get the
> EPG info correctly, and it turned out that he had the wrong timezone
> set on his system.

I think it is correct: EPG works for the other channels ;-)

> These infos are not directly connected to encrypted channels. You can receive
> them even if you don't have any CICAM equipment. Maybe the particular channels
> you are referring to don't broadcast any EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) info?
> Just a thought...

Well, I shall admit I hadden't though of those channels not having EPG (thanks for
lerning me the right name ;-)))... I go to my parent who have an Xsat CDTV 360,
and don't get any EPG (not even for the SF2 which gave me "01:00 Event 0" every
time with VDR???). I should now set my channels.conf with lots of encrypted one,
to see which programm are on those channels ;-)

Is there some place where I could find some predefined channels.conf with astra,
hotbird and telecom 2B (the ones I use...), maybe a good idea to have some quiete
complete one in http://www.linuxtv.org or other site, no?

I know the dvbrc files that are in the CVS driver version, which can be converted by the
dvbrc2vdr from VDR, but the conversion segfault for me... In those files, there is a
sat named Sirius, could someone send info about that satelite?

Another time, thanks you very much for all help, and all work on that project, and
finaly, happy new year ;-)

	Greg