[linux-dvb] Firmware for DVB-s Card

Hi !

I have a genereal question about the firmware of this card.
Is it stored in a E(e)prom on the Board or in some kind of Microcontroller or
is it flashed in some sort of ram, every time you install the specific driver ?

I do only have the "Data Only" Card - but it looks nearly the same as the
"Full-Featured" one. Only the Video Connectors are not present and one IC
beyond the TI Chip is not there (I think it makes the TI able to decode Mpeg2
Streams).

I just want do store Video Files on my Harddrive, but yet it does not work.

Has anyone an idea ? If the Firmware is installed permanently in a nvram or
rom, could flashing the "full-featured-card's"-Firmware  help to record video
Streams ?

Cu

Ulrich

---