Von: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]Im Auftrag von Ralph Metzler
Gesendet: Samstag, 30. Dezember 2000 00:11
An: Axel Gruber
Cc: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [linux-dvb] Re: korrupt MPEG2 Stream

Axel Gruber writes:
 > > Maybe these programs are not compatible and don't work correctly
 > > because they expect something that isn't in the specs. as I said
 > > before, some programs what a sequence header at the beginning of the
 > > file, which I could find as a requirement in the specs.
 >
 > I don´t understand this answer - some of these programms are realy
 > Commercial and not very cheap - GERMAN: Das ist Software die auch im
buissnes
 > Bereich eingesetzt wird. Man kann doch nicht einfach behaupten alles
andere sein
 > inkompartibel zu 1 System ??? - Dann muss man schon eher sagen, daß die
 > Ausgabedatei inkompartibel zur restlichen Software ist.
 > (Ist nicht böse gemeint - aber so sehe ich das)

Hmm, yes Windows itself and e.g. Word are also commercial and not very cheap
and
we know about their great file formats and compliance to standards ...

Sorry, we cannot support software which we don't use/own ourselves.
All Linux based MPEG2 players I tried do not seem to have a problem.
Show us the passage in ISO/IEC 13818-1,2,3 (the real definition of MPEG2
files) which we violate or a bug in our programs and we will fix it.

If you want more, well, it's open source.

Ralph

---
subject.

---