[linux-dvb] Re: maximum overlay-size of dvb?

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 05:53:55PM +0100, Joachim 'roh' Steiger wrote:

> the scaling would be done with the pci-businterface saa7146
> this chip can only scale down what means you get 768x576 maximum
> a solution for you will be using the hardware-scaler on your grafics-board
> the saa7146 will then transfer the frames via busmaster into
> offscreen-graficcardram and the graficboard has to scale it while blitting
> it to the visible memory
>
> under linux you have no support for this mode in the dvb-driver because
> its a job for your grafic-driver

One could use xawtv that has xv (I use it also with an Hauppauge WinTV)
and my fullscreen is 1600x1200 which is very convenient because I don't
have to change resolution for fullscreen ;-)

I have never tried to run xawtv without my WinTV card...

I hope that kvdr will sooner or later support it ;-)

	Greg