[linux-dvb] NAPI - How?

I'm thinking about converting VDR to the NAPI, but can't seem to
find out how to best start doing this. Maybe somebody who already
has experience with the NAPI can help me with these questions:

- Do I have to compile the driver differently to use the NAPI?

- Do I have to 'insmod' the driver differently?

- Do I have to make any special compile time considerations when
  compiling VDR (i.e. do I need to 'define' any special macros)?

- In VDR I am currently using the following calls:

  /dev/video

  - open("/dev/video", O_RDWR | O_NONBLOCK)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSPLAYMODE, &pmode)
                                     VID_PLAY_RESET
                                     VID_PLAY_CLEAR_BUFFER
                                     VID_PLAY_NORMAL
                                     VID_PLAY_PAUSE
                                     VID_PLAY_SLOW_MOTION
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGCAP, &cap)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGMBUF, &mbuf)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCMCAPTURE, &vm)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSYNC, &vm.frame)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGFBUF, &vb
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSFBUF, &vb)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGWIN,  &vw)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSWIN, &vw)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGPICT, &vp)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSPICT, &vp)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCCAPTURE, Value ? &one : &zero)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSOSDCOMMAND, &dc)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGFRONTEND, &front)
  - ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCSFRONTEND, &front)
  - read()
  - write()

  /dev/vbi

  - open("/dev/vbi", O_RDONLY)
  - ioctl(fsvbi, VIDIOCSBITFILTER, &filt)
  - ioctl(fsvbi, VIDIOCSSHUTDOWNFILTER, &filters[a].handle)
  - read()

  I assume that the NAPI equivalent of /dev/video is /dev/ost/video, but
  what about /dev/vbi?

  Are all these calls already available in the NAPI? I'm especially
  wondering about VID_PLAY_CLEAR_BUFFER.

Thanks for any hints
Klaus