[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with vdr 0.7 and driver 0.81.

Carsten Koch wrote:

> Since I installed vdr 0.7 and driver 0.81, the driver only
> works reasonably for about 4 hours after each reload.
> Immediadely after a reload, I can record, play back, switch
> channels, use the OSD just fine.
>
> After I leave the thing alone for a while, I see all kinds
> of strange effects. One of them has been described by Guido
> in his previous post.
>
> Another one is that vdr starts putting
>           ERROR: channel <n> not sync'ed (front.sync=0)!
> messages into /var/log/messages about once every 5 seconds
> and the driver starts putting messages like these
>           kernel: commandrequest error
>           kernel: dvb: filter shutdown error :0
>           kernel: outcommand error 1
>           kernel: commandrequest error
>           kernel: dvb: ARM RESET
>           kernel: dvb: filter shutdown error :0
>           kernel: dvb: filter shutdown error :65535
> into /var/log/messages about once every 20 minutes.
>
> Needless to say that recording, etc. stops working of course
> once the system starts putting these messages into the log.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> I am using 2 dvb-s cards and kernel 2.216.

I also use 2 DVB cards (kernel 2.2.13).
I do get this error once every few days.
It must originate from the EPG scanner's attempt to switch channels.
The driver issues a 'commandrequest error' and from then on it
doesn't work any more. Reloading the driver cures it - until next time.
I don't know what I could change in VDR to avoid this...

Klaus