[linux-dvb] Maximum number of PES filters - 8?

I'm working on a program that decodes the teletext PES streams.  This is
working quite well now, and I can set multiple PES filters to simultaneously
decode all teletext streams on the same transponder.

However, there seems to be a problem setting more than 8 PES filters at the
same time. If, for example I try and set 9 filters, DMX_SET_PES_FILTER
returns SUCCESS all 9 times, but I am only receiving TS packets for the first
8 PIDs.

I am creating 9 filehandles by opening /dev/ost/demux 9 times - is this the
correct way of doing it?

I understood that you could set up to 32 filters on a Siemens card.  Am I
mistaken?  Is a buffer overflow happening somewhere?

There are very few transponders with more than 8 channels with teletext, but
they do exist (e.g. 11837h on Astra 19E), so this will cause complications
with my application.

Best wishes,

Dave.

---