[linux-dvb] Re: Maximum number of PES filters - 8?

On Monday 05 February 2001 11:50, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> The number of PES filters is currently restricted to 8 inside the ARM
> code due to buffer memory and bandwidth considerations.
> I do not want to increase that before I am certain what causes the
> other problems.

No problem - I understand why you have done that.

However, my aim is to add teletext support to VDR by caching all the teletext
streams on the current transponder.  The EPG software will be using some
filters (how many?) for the EI data, VDR will set some itself when recording,
which will not leave many for teletext.

It seems a shame that we can't filter all the teletext streams - but I would
place driver stability higher in the list of priorities than caching multiple
teletext streams.

Thanks,

Dave.

---