[linux-dvb] Re: Is the Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s card compatible with Klaus Schm. dvr?

Peter,

Welcome to the list.  Yes, I (and many other people on this list) have bought
the Hauppauge card in place of the Siemens card - mainly due to it's wider
availability outside Germany.

The Hauppauge card is fully supported by the driver (it is a clone of the
Siemens card).  However, the "morally correct" thing to do is buy the Siemens
card because they have actively supported the development of a GPL'ed Linux
driver for their card.

BTW, the complete archive for the list (and information and links regarding
DVB under Linux) can be found at http://www.linuxtv.org.

Best wishes,

Dave.

On Tuesday 13 February 2001 06:59, Peter Funk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this list and didn't found an archive or FAQ on the Web, so
> please excuse, if this has been asked before.
>
> I've read the article `Video für Handwerker' in the german magacine c't
> 4/2001 (pp 204...)  written by Klaus Schmidinger and Dusan Zivadinovic,
> who have used the Siemens/Fujitsu DVB PCI card to build their system.
>
> Since the Siemens card is little bit more expensive and not so widely
> available than the Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s PCI card, I would like to
> ask whether somebody here has tried this model and whether it is
> compatible with the Siemens board before I start shopping for it.
>
> Thanks in advance, Peter

---