[linux-dvb] Re: CVS&Doc

On Thursday 15 February 2001 17:25, Karsten Becker wrote:

> First of all, what is the address of the cvs for the dvb-driver?

it is linked on the website: developers -> cvs:

http://www.linuxtv.org/cvs/

> Second, why is just this damn old version of the driver in the
> download-directory of linuxtv?

because nobody found a significant payoff in releasing a new driver version.
cvs reflects the cutting edge and may not be stable or may even not compile.

> Third, why is the documentation still that bad?

because nobody takes this job serious enough to stop his/her work for. what
about you?

> I'm not a developer, I'm just a user, and the documentation really
> sucks...

ok, it seems you are the right person for this job. lets do it together with
me. we write down a step-by-step documentation on how to set up all the dvb
stuff a regular user needs. i assist you as far as i'm able to.

topics  in the FAQ should be:

1) supported cards
2) HOWTO install the driver
3) HOWTO install applications and use them (gVideo, tuxzap, xawtv, ... )
4) other usefull things to know: file conversions etc.
5) watching encrypted services

ok Karsten, lets become rich & famous for our high quality installation
guideline.

(all the stuff we need to know is somewhere written in the sources, so all we
have to do is collecting them.)

Andreas.

---