[linux-dvb] Re: SPDIF Soundcard for use with DVB/VDR/DVD - and other questions

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> > Maybe in future we will be able to record a stream with 2 different audio
> > tracks (stereo and ac3) and replay them either with the dvb-card alone, or
> > with the combination of dvb-card for picture and a digital capable
> > soundcard for sound. Klaus - will this be possible in future ???
>
> Well, I hope so ;-)
> Haven't made any experiments in that direction yet, though.
> I'm not sure yet how to store the data (one file or two separate files)
> and how to synchronize picture and sound.

using a sound card for replaying might be a general solution.
seems like a way to improve replay quality of some badly muxed streams
too.
when the dvb card only does the video stuff it should
dramatically decrease buffer underuns in the card, am I right ?

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=