[linux-dvb] Re: SPDIF Soundcard for use with DVB/VDR/DVD - and other questions

>> Maybe in future we will be able to record a stream with 2 different
audio
>> tracks (stereo and ac3) and replay them either with the dvb-card alone,
or
>> with the combination of dvb-card for picture and a digital capable
>> soundcard for sound. Klaus - will this be possible in future ???
>
>Well, I hope so ;-)
>Haven't made any experiments in that direction yet, though.
>I'm not sure yet how to store the data (one file or two separate files)
>and how to synchronize picture and sound.
>
>If anybody has some ideas in that area, I'd like to hear them.
Klaus, how about an option to save the ac3 stream in a second file ... just
to be able to experiment with it a little bit. In my opinnion the sync will
be the biggest problem .. maybe it's easier to sync the audio when it is in
another file ?? Is it right that the AC3 stream is "just" another APID ??
..

Greetings
Stefan

---