[linux-dvb] Re: SPDIF Soundcard for use with DVB/VDR/DVD - and other questions

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Maybe in future we will be able to record a stream with 2 different audio
> tracks (stereo and ac3) and replay them either with the dvb-card alone, or
> with the combination of dvb-card for picture and a digital capable
> soundcard for sound. Klaus - will this be possible in future ???

Well, I hope so ;-)
Haven't made any experiments in that direction yet, though.
I'm not sure yet how to store the data (one file or two separate files)
and how to synchronize picture and sound.

If anybody has some ideas in that area, I'd like to hear them.

> An issue which happends since >= dvb.060. or dvb.070 not sure ...
>
> Since this release I don't see any CAM Messages in the LOG ... I remember
> that before this Version I saw messages like "Insert Card" or "IRDETO4.7"

Those message must have been issued by the driver. VDR never did anything like that.

> The last thing is a feature Request for VDR .... I'd like to have a CAM
> Menue integrated in VDR and I know it is possible .. there are just some
> Informations needed to integrate this ... I allready tried to get the
> Informations but failed ... maybe another one could help.

AFAIK the driver doesn't provide the necessary information yet.
Once it does that, a VDR CAM menu should be easy to implement.

Klaus