[linux-dvb] AW: Re: Idea to save power (and also your money) with VDR

Hello,

the idea of starting the PC via RTC sounds great.
I just took a look in my mainboard manual (Gigabyte GA-6BA).
This board support AT and ATX power supplies and has
an Award BIOS. If you configure it for ATX, then you
can enter an alarm for startup in the bios. So it should
be really just some programming to get this feature to be
integrated in to linux.
What I also found is an external switch from ELV. It is
called the PC-Timer-Switch TS3000 (DM 99,95).
Interfaces:
- Paralellel (in/out)
- Keyboard (in/out)
- Switched power (3 connectors)
- 3 external switches
- Modem/Fax input
- Dimension 40x133x208mm
For further details go to http://www.elv.de
For those of you with AT mainboards this might be an
alternative (instead of buying a new board/powersupply).

cu

Jens

---