[linux-dvb] Re: CAM problems...

Gregoire Favre writes:

 > I haven't understood the format for the channels...
 > Is it true that the dvbfav0 (and 1,2,...) depends on dvbrc?

It depends on .dvbrc in that way that you need the information for the
favorite channels to be present in .dvbrc . The favorite channels are
defined by a 64bit number which includes the network id (16bit) the
satellite id (16bit) the transponder id (16bit) and the channel id
(16bit). This number should be unique for all channels. And after
creating a new .dvbrc (e.g. with stest) it should be possible to find
the favorite channels again. I worked for me, as long as the scan
finds the transponders again.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de