[linux-dvb] Re: DVD drive recommendations?

Hi!

* Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@citd.de> [20010225 14:51]:
> > I am thinking about buying a DVD drive for my VDR computer. It
> > should have the following characteristics:
[..]
> > - be code free (or at least can be made to play codes 1+2)
>
> Then you have to buy a used one. Since every drive sold after 01.01.2000
> HAS to be RPC Phase 2. Which means "locked" to certain RC.

you might be able to get one in/from switzerland. it's illegal to sell
dvd-players with region code there (legally bought DVD-Player + legally
bought DVD -> you must not be disallowed to play it), so chances are
this counts for DVD drives to.

no warranty for my words whatsoever, and I don't know about legal
problems which might arise with that, and I am not a lawyer :)

   Count

--
  -= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@flatline.de - Questions? Just ask =-
 -= Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =-

---