[linux-dvb] Re: some newbie questions concerning VDR 0.71 & DVB 0.82

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Carsten Koch wrote:
> > I think it would be a good idea to have a consistent way
> > to get a "Summary" info in all applicable modes.
> > What I mean is: we should define ONE key for that.
> > Pressing that same key in "Normal" mode gives us the EPG
> > summary of the program currently being watched, in "Timer"
> > mode it displays the summary entry for the current timer,
> > in "Recordings" mode it displays the summary entry for the
> > current recording. In "Replay" mode it displays the summary
> > entry for the recording being replayed.
> I haven't found a "good" solution yet
> how to let the user define any number of additional keys, but I'd say
> a functionality like the one described above should go onto an "extra"
> key.

I agree and I will not try to defend the use of "Blue"
as a consistent key to get at the various summary displays
in the various modes.

My point was that a consistent key layout that puts similar
functions on the same key in all modes will help the user
learn the interface.

My Sky Digibox has an "i" key that gives me a program summary
in all applicable modes (in the EPG, it gives me the summary
for the program I have highlighted, when watching a program
it gives me a summary for the program I am watching, etc.).
So they do use the extra key that you suggest above.

As you do not feel comfortable with using "Blue" for the
various summaries in all of the applicable modes, how about
implementing an additional "i" key and putting the summaries
on that one?

That would also free the "Blue" key in the "Recordings"
menu and the "OK" key in the EPG menu.

Carsten.

---