[linux-dvb] DVB on Mac?

Joachim Stolze writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Does someone happen to know, if the DVB Cards will work
 > in a Linux-converted PowerMac (9500)?
 > I know, that there are certain differences, for instance big vs little
 > endian bit order in the cpu, which could make this impossible.

We have tried to stay endian neutral in the developement of the
driver, so that it should work on big endian as well as little endian
machines. Of course, we haven't tried it on non intel architectures
yet, so that there can still be problems. I would suspect that, if
there are any problems, they would be in the recording and replay part
of the driver and maybe the display on the monitor. Anything internal
to the card itself, like tuning and viewing via the TV-out connector
should be ok. If you would like to be a guinea pig, we would try to
help.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de