[linux-dvb] ./KNOWNBUGS file

Hi all !

I'm playing with the DVB driver and the VDR for just a week now and slowly
find out about weaknesses. As I assume that everyone who starts playing
with this toy faces the same problems, I would like to suggest a kind of
KNOWNBUGS file to be included in the tarball distribution.

Things that for sure should be mentioned in this file are:

* The OSD menu getting "week" after some time. With joint efforts we could
probably find out why.
* The frame-errors on record / playback and how to minimize them.

Instead of wasting time with finding these basic problems, users could
start with certain knowledge and concentrate on finding out details about
bugs/weaknesses. Furthermore it would decrease the traffic - the repeated
basic questions - on the mailinglist especially with the archive not being
full-text searchable.

Of course the list of issues might not be complete. As I mentioned, I just
started a week ago.

What do you think ?

Alex
Alexander Wiessner