[linux-dvb] Re: Skins

Jörg-Oliver Todamm schrieb:

> > a huge problem is performance. the net-interface is somewhat
> > unoptimized (grabbed it right from the manual ;-))
> The PHP Manual ???

jep.

> > i also realized that if a connection to vdr is open, no
> > second connection can be made. but
> > thats a very, very minor problem. (if one at all)
> I noticed that allready, but this could be enhanced later on. If this
> will be a very usefull functionality, it could be moved into vdr later
> one, with its own webserver and config files (ACL etc). But this is far
> away.

a larger problem are the missing "LSTR", "PLYR" and "STPR" commands in SVDRP. (List,play and
stop recordings). with them the remote-control would be complete.

> > ahh... by the way. if we are dreaming allready: why not a
> > "burn this recording to cd-r"
> > feature? that would be really great. :-))
> Not really. Your idea will work with DVD-RW available. Most recordings
> exceed the capacity of a CD. There are also some decisions necessary to
> get aceptable to perfect copies. For instance you have to decide, how to
> reduce the movie (transcoding for bitrate reduction or reencoding to
> mpeg1 or mpeg4). You have to check AV sync and decide to spend one disk
> more or less if the last fragment is about 50% of the capacity. Right
> now there are still so many decisions to be done for each case.

ah... i dont have huge expectations. only: "this will take 3 cd-r's. please have them
ready... please enter next disc..." and so on. if you would want to watch the recording,
insert first disc. "this is disc1/3... caching on hard-drive... enter next disc..." and so
on. that would be -for now- good enough for me.

christoph