[linux-dvb] Re: Today's CVS driver

Hi!

* Henning Holtschneider <hh@holtschneider.com> [20010525 21:53]:
> > I did a few tests with today's CVS driver, but it turned out to have
> > severe problems with tuning channels and recording. A sample recording
> > from 3sat had heavy video and audio distortions. After switching back
> > to the previous driver version (2001-05-17) and recording the rest of the same
> > broadcast ("nano"), that part of the recording was ok.
>
> It's even worse here with my new Hauppauge model: VDR starts up, tries to
> tune a channel and most of the time that produces an outcommand error
> 1/ARM reset loop. The card keeps resetting even after I have killed all
> running VDR processes and after a while, the PC freezes.

I've got the same problem :( .. what chipset do you have?

my lspci says:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-751 [Irongate] System Controller (rev 25)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-751 [Irongate] AGP Bridge (rev 01)
00:04.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super] (rev 1b)
00:04.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586 IDE [Apollo] (rev 06)

gruss

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - UIN: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
You don't have to change the world... to change the world. You're either part