[linux-dvb] Re: Today's CVS driver

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I did a few tests with today's CVS driver, but it turned out to have
> severe problems with tuning channels and recording. A sample recording
> from 3sat had heavy video and audio distortions. After switching back
> to the previous driver version (2001-05-17) and recording the rest of the same
> broadcast ("nano"), that part of the recording was ok.

It's even worse here with my new Hauppauge model: VDR starts up, tries to
tune a channel and most of the time that produces an outcommand error
1/ARM reset loop. The card keeps resetting even after I have killed all
running VDR processes and after a while, the PC freezes.

I also get a lot of these messages:

May 25 21:05:04 vdr vdr[486]: read incomplete section - seclen = 4080, n = 72

What does that mean?

Meanwhile, the CVS version as of yesterday works for me with the new card,
even though it didn't a week ago. I don't know why it didn't work before,
perhaps I forgot to do a "make clean" before re-building the driver last
time.

Regards,
hh