[linux-dvb] Re: exporting VDR files

Hi!

* Thomas Koch <no-return@gmx.net> [20010527 17:03]:
> Am 27.5.2001 um 16:12 schrieb Andreas 'Count' Kotes:
>
> > > is to be able to replay the films on a computer without VDR installed.
> > > Does anybody have an idea on how to convert the files?
> > use mplex -tDVD from the DVB driver package to get an mpeg-2 stream you
> > can feed to mpeg2divx (search for x2divx on freshmeat) ... mplex can do
> > (S)VCD-files, too ...
>
> I have tried this, but i'm still not able to get A/V in sync. I have tried
> to convert the recordings from vdr (0.72, DVB 0.8.2) with mplex with the
> following options:
>
> mplex -tMPEG2 -o st-mpeg2.mpeg 001.vdr (with various -a -v options)
> mplex -tDVD -o st-dvd.mpeg 001.vdr
>
> With both methods Audio and Video arent in sync. What am i doing wrong
> here?

sorrry, I don't have this problem with VDR 0.80pre[67] and the CVS
driver.

> Anonther question, how can i split the resulting file to burn them on CD?

hm. you wanted avis, why don't you do mpeg2divx afterwards? the
resulting file usually fits onto a CD pretty well.

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - UIN: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
You don't have to change the world... to change the world. You're either part