[linux-dvb] Re: Cooling Irdeto ALLCam

On Fri, 4 May 2001 00:17:36 +0200, Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms@citd.de>
wrote:

> #include <hallo.h>
>
> > > I've tried to cool the CAM and found out that it is MUCH more
> > > "longtime"-stable when it is cooled.
> >
> > ??????
> >
> > I never have noticed that the cam can get hot ??
>
> Watch some hours on a coded channel and then lay your fingers on the cam.
> It's not "cocking" but it's definetly not "cool". :-))

This temperature problem is known for a long time. Some even have put it
into the fridge before using it to avoid any problems. :)

This problems seems to appear only on selected CAMs and was traced down
to the quarz for the serial connection to the chip card. The problem was
fixed by soldering a 10k Ohm resistor between the quarz legs
http://www.geocities.com/klingel2/ .

Emil