[linux-dvb] Re: Cooling Irdeto ALLCam

#include <hallo.h>

> > I've tried to cool the CAM and found out that it is MUCH more
> > "longtime"-stable when it is cooled.
>
> ??????
>
> I never have noticed that the cam can get hot ??

Watch some hours on a coded channel and then lay your fingers on the cam.
It's not "cocking" but it's definetly not "cool". :-))

The main-problem with that isn't watching, but recording. I had serious
recording problem when the CAM was "hot".

> But if you say - i will try it too :-)

When you use the PCI-Version a "Titan System Exhaust Blower" works great.
For the 3,5" Version i put a plastic-card half into the CAM (Software
Updates are great <g> and now i know for what (usefull things) a "Payback"
card can be used <g>) and placed a 5cm Cooler on it. (That looks cool <g>)

Bis denn