[linux-dvb] Re: DVB error messages

On Fri, 11 May 2001 15:41:03 +0200 (MEST), Armin Schindler
<mac@melware.de> wrote:

> The card and VDR seems to work okay after all, except that
> sometimes the OSD-Menu of VDR has wrong colors.
>
> Can someone explain what is happening and what could be a
> solution ?

The firmware of the DVB card is crashing sometimes and VDR normally
recovers from that. The color change of the OSD can be prevented by
disabling the EPG scanner. I run now since about two weeks without any
OSD problem since I disabled the EPG scanner. If I look at the code it
looks like the scanning process changes the channels very fast without
any delay. This my cause this problem here.
There is not much loss because when you change channels the EPG from
this transponder is read in anyway.

There is nothing additional what can be done. We have to wait until the
new version is stable to see whether this problems can be fixed there.

Emil