[linux-dvb] Re: EPG (vdr 0.80pre4)

> I have a new Haupauge card and use the cvs-dvb (05.05.2001) and vdr
> 0.80pre4 with a 2.4.3 kernel. There a 3 small problems:

Same configuration here ...

> - I can't get any EPG information (I use channels.conf from vdr).

Do you see the "current program info" when you switch channels or press the
OK button? Do you see *anything* in the schedule menu?

>   The 4 keys in the channel menu don't do anything (the keys work in
>   other menus)

What do the color keys in the channel menu have to with the EPG? In the
channel menu, the keys are called Edit, New, Delete and Mark.

> - when I do a lot of channel switching suddenly audio switches to the
>   new channel but video is a still image from the old channel sometimes
>   flickering in the upper area.

I've noticed that, too. Sometimes, the image from the old channel will
freeze and sometimes the old image will be "washed away" by the new picture.

On some recordings, I also get image perturbances at the lower right quarter
of the screen (small black pixel squares).

> - when I don't use vdr over night, so the EPG scan should start, I find
>   a screen with colorful flickering stripes on it and no channel
>   switching is possible (maybe a mixture of both problems above)

Sometimes, my card will hang completely (green/brown flickering stripes; VDR
hangs and watchdog timer doesn't work) and sometimes VDR will recognize the
problem and restart. I always do a "make reload" before VDR restarts and the
card will recover. Due to these tuning/switching problems, my VDR box hasn't
been able to do a complete EPG scan yet. It always crashes at least twice
and the more often it has crashed the more likely I will get flickering
stripes. However, the latest CVS drivers seem to be a lot more stable than
older versions but it's still not usable for 24/7 unattended operation.

In contrast, I haven't had any segfaults of VDR since I installed 0.80pre4
:-)

Regards,
hh