[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre5

> - After heavy channel switching (or at some time after the EPG scanner
kicks in)
>   channels don't sync any more. Maybe there's still a problem in the
driver here?

With the new Hauppauge model in my PC, this problem makes the whole system
unusable at the moment. Most of the time, I cannot even switch 4-5 (!) times
before I get either

- a "channel not sync'ed" message and the screen remains black or

- horizontal stripes and an outcommand error followed by an ARM reset. Look
at the image at ftp://ftp.loca.net/pub/vdr/crash.jpg for an example.

I tried ntuxzap this morning and I've got the same problems there, except
that I don't get the stripes. ntuxzap just hangs after a couple of channel
switches and I have to da a "make reload". It doesn't matter if I switch
quickly or wait a while and it also doesn't matter if I switch between
channels on the same transponder or on different transponders.

Most of the time, the latest VDR 0.80pre5 will now recover automatically
from these errors and restart automatically so I *only* have to wait 60
seconds until I can use it again but the situation is very unsatisfying. Are
there any chances that we will see an improvement of the new tuner support
in the near future?

Regards,
hh