[linux-dvb] Resize video to create (S)VCD

Hi,

I would like to archive my VDR recordings on SVCD or VCD. Since my
stand-alone DVD player only supports VCDs, I would like to try those first.
I followed Peter Hofmann's instructions at http://www.pxh.de/fs/svcd and
modified his transcode_svcd.sh script so that it generates MPEG1 output. But
this leads to an MPEG stream with the wrong image size, so I would have to
resize the video data to accomplish VCD compliance (352x288). I did not find
a suitable tool among the various MPEG tools for Linux to do that (perhaps I
just didn't search hard enough).

Even when creating an SVCD output, I have to resize (crop) recordings that
have a resolution of 720x576 instead of 480x576. How do I do that under
Linux?

Thanks in advance
hh