[linux-dvb] CVS driver a/v asynchronous

Dave Chapman wrote:

> > - Sometimes video and audio are out of sync, even if a channel is viewed
> >   'live'. I have no idea where this could come from, must be a driver
> >   problem!?
>
> There is an  option to turn on AV_SYNC - I think it's part of the
> /dev/ost/audio device.  I haven't tried it, as I have never had sync problems.

I have added the lines

           if (fd_audio >= 0)
              CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC, true));

to the cDvbApi::SetChannel() function in VDR (right after the
'SetTpid(Tpid, DMX_OUT_DECODER);' call), but I am still
getting asynchronous audio/video sometimes. This is really odd
because I never had that in "live viewing" with the old driver.
It's almost as if the driver would process the data stream before
displaying it (and hence cause the trouble).

Can one of the driver developers please comment on this?

Klaus