[linux-dvb] Re: Lifetime timer

Daniel Schneider wrote:

> Is a recording deleted automatically when its lifetime is expired or
> only when the harddrive is full? I want to keep some recordings for
> longer than 99 days, is there no setting which guarantees this?

A recording is only deleted automatically if its guaranteed lifetime
has expired and a new recording actually needs the disk space.
If you always make sure there is enough free disk space (by manually deleting
recordings you no longer need) then you can preserve important ones.

I could modify VDR in a way that a lifetime of 99 means "unlimited".
That wouldn't mean much loss, one can always use 98 for a pretty "long"
lifetime, and 99 would make absolutely sure the recording will never
be deleted automatically.

Klaus