[linux-dvb] Re: mplex parameter fine tuning ?

Now I figured out how to change mplex.cpp to be able to mux XSVCD - so the warnings about DTS / PTS underflow are gone and the resulting mpg files plays fine in Windows Media Player (with Intervideo WinDVD plug in) and can be burnt to CD-R as "SVCD" with Nero, without any problems. This XSVCD plays fine in SoftwareDVD Players, and soon I'll test how this XSVCD behaves in standalone players...

So this is how the SVCD Parameter section should look like in mplex.cpp - you can also create a new format XSVCD and refer to it in the main part, as I have done:

void SetXSVCDMplex()
{
  /* multiplex stuff */
	cerr << "Setting up for XSVCD mux" << endl;
	sectors_delay = 0;
	video_delay_ms = 180;
	audio_delay_ms = 180;
	audio1_delay_ms = 180;
	sector_size = 2324;
	packets_per_pack = 1;
	init_audio_buffer_size = 4;
	init_audio1_buffer_size = 4;
	init_video_buffer_size = 230;
	always_sys_header = FALSE;
	mplex_type = MPEG_SVCD;
	mplex_pulldown_flag = PULLDOWN_AUTO;
	vcd_audio_pad = FALSE;
	user_mux_rate = 0;
	align_sequence_headers = 1;
	put_private2 = 0;
	frame_timestamps = TIMESTAMPS_ALL;
	VBR_multiplex = TRUE;
	use_computed_bitrate = COMPBITRATE_MAX;
	write_pec = 1;
	mux_SVCD_scan_offsets = 1;
	max_file_size = 0;
	mux_start_time = 0;
	mux_stop_time = 0;
	reset_clocks = 1;
	write_end_codes = 1;
	set_broken_link = 1;
}

and in the main part, where the different formats are checked, you should add

	else if (!strcmp(type,"XSVCD"))
		SetXSVCDMplex();

(this calls the upper part)

Not bad for anyone, without knowlegde of c :-)

Maybe this could be added to mpegtools for further versions ?

Thats all for now,

regards Martin.