[linux-dvb] Re: Problems using mplex

> I don't think you should simply drop or add "silent" audio packets, you
> would hear that. I think you would have to interpolate the audio
I think this means decoding the mpeg-audio stream to PCM Raw Data, interpolate and reencode to mpeg audio ! Then you would not hear this !
Much work...

But first I'm searching for a way to get the stream in sync, and therefor I don't care if some errors can be heard afterwards, as long as audio and video are in sync...

>  - or dropping video packets)
>
> I don't think thats a good idea when I think of the still existing problems
> with artefacts and skipped frames when replaying VDR recordings (which is
> THE problem of this otherwise really very good sw, in my opinion...).
If you drop a complete GOP (from I- frame to I-frame) then it should be no problem, and dropping a single B or P picture may also be possible, as long as the GOP structure remains intact - but anyway I prefer adding silence to the audio stream...

Martin.