[linux-dvb] Re: Problems using mplex

> > For different players you have to use diffrent FIXED offset-values
> >
> > "-v 60"   xine, PowerDVD, Ravisent
> > "-v 300"  DVB-Card, DivX-Transcoder
> > "-v 600"  xmovie

> Mhhh, I can't see why they differ and it doesn't solve the drifting
> problem anyway :-(

I don't have drifting problems. (Maybe because i still use DVB-driver
0.7.1 and VDR 0.68)

Even recordings of more than 20 Hours don't have any drift.

(But i have to say that i use avpes2mpeg for recording that only have one
large block. (But on ther other side if have already remultiplexed such a
large movie, for my little brother, so that he was able to view it with
his Windows-Box (Ravisent)))

> Have you evaluated values for Window MEdia Player or Creation of SVCDs ??

WMP "itself" isn't capable of playing MPEG2-Streams. When you install a
DVD-Player and this DVD-Player installs an MPEG2-Decoder then WMP gets
capable of playing MPEG2-Streams.

So it is useless to ask for the Offset-Value fuer WMP as it is the same
value you have to use the specific DVD-Player. (So far i only tested
PowerDVD and Ravisent)

SVCDs are of no value for me, so i haven't tried anything.

Bis denn