[linux-dvb] Re: AV7110 Datasheet

hi all,

it seems to me, that this is a major step forward to a opensource
firmware?!
maybe some of the documentation needed to do the rest of the job
(afaik the ca-stuff) will "appear" too.

what parts of the dvb-system are missing/not yet understood now?

it seems to me, that convergence is focusing the further development
of the firmware towards their specific needs (_not_ including the osd
stuff).
this might not be what the "community" wants.

any thoughts about this?

Andreas Peter wrote:

> Hi,
> i've found the datasheet of the AV7110 with some details about RAM, OSD...:
>
> http://www.cdaniel.de/elektronik-dvb.phtml
>
> Andreas
> --
> Andreas Peter *** ujq7@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
>
> --
> Info:

  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0
  heimeranstrasse 68          fax 089.540.149.44
  80339 münchen               http://www.plain.de