[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:15:48 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan Panteltje <root@panteltje.demon.nl>
To: Ralph Metzler <rjkm@convergence.de>
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Jan Panteltje writes:
>  >
>  >
>  > On Wed, 30 May 2001, Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > >
>  > > What I meant is that without enabling the overflow buffer mechanism
>  > > (which is trivial now, but wasn't the time I first tried to use it)
>  > > also normal TV watching has distortions with the reduced video
>  > > buffer.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > Ralph
>  >
>  > Ralph, something is wrong in all this.
>  > If I can do av_pes recording driver 0.7.1 and playback 0.0.4
>  > PERFECTLY, with as ONLY problem, that if I overload the system
>  > by running a lot of other disk intensive things, it get out of sync,
>  > then you must be chasing a wrong cause of the problems?
>  > If I do not overload the system, record / playback is perfect,
>  > just have to start a bit into the file at playback, to get the correct
>  > audio/video sync (and it then stays in sync).
>  >
>  > Then it would seem to me only the start -alignment- problem needs fixing.
>

> That's exactly what I have done.
>
> I am using the more strict syncing (which causes the jerking after a
> while) for the first few seconds and the switch to the behavior of the
> old version.
>
> Since I heard no comments on this (although I asked for it) I guess
> either it works fine or nobody noticed.
>

> Ralph

OK, then we are on one line, bu tI have not tested the latest CVS yet,
because then I need to upgrade kernel.
So I will hang here in a bit know and be silent, to see what other people
suggest.
But I would appreciate if you kept the OSD alive :-)
What is this about different fonts I heard? I there a call for that in the
new API?
Regards
Jan