[linux-dvb] Re: VDR suggestion - record to TS?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg-Oliver_Todamm?= writes:
 > > Is it possible to get this AC3 audio channel on replay back
 > > to jumper J2
 > > of the DVB card onto pin 4 aka S/PDIF connector?  Then one
 > > could connect
 > > this to an A/V receiver or amplifier which do the decoding of
 > > such an audio
 > > channel automatically.
 >
 > The model 564 comes with a digital output, so it seems to be possible.
 > Is someone already using this card and can this person try to cat an AC3
 > to the appropiate device of the DVB driver? This information could help
 > to determine how to implement audo fratures in VDR.

Unless they added extra hardware for this, you still will not be able
to output an AC3 stream with this card.
The AV7110 just cannot output anything but PCM via SPDIF.

In any case, this is not supported by the driver. I never saw the new
card. If anybody who has it sees any "AC3 enhancements" (no, just the
output connector does not count) please let us know.

Ralph