[linux-dvb] latest CVS version

Hi,

in the latest CVS version there are some changes in the driver
behavior.

- I changed the syncing in the ARM code which removes the
  "jerking" problem during playback.
  I already spent quite some time testing this but I would
  like to know if it also works for you and if anybody
  experiences any long time problems with syncing during
  playback with this new code.

- All transfer to and from the card is now done with PES packets
  with a maximum size of 2KB.
  The driver contains a filter which splits larger incoming PES
  into 2KB PES packets. This does not include PCM PES packets.
  So programs which create such PCM PES (like DVD playback
  software) will have to reduce the max. size they use.
  The 2KB is counted including the headers.
  Playback of e.g. PCM DVDs is not affected since DVDs always have
  PES with a max. 2KB length.

The reason for using smaller packets for the transfer to/from the
ARM is that this way the dual ported RAM can be used more
efficiently than with the previous packet size (max. 7KB)
which only allowed transfers in one direction (DPRAM size is 8KB).
After all, the DPRAM is dual ported. So, why not use both ports
at the same time, right?

Now I can start implementing things like double buffering
for higher throughput in one direction or use one buffer for
recording and one for playback (time shifting) ...

Ralph