[linux-dvb] Re: latest CVS version

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > >  > Will this also work with the "old" Siemens DVB-S card?
 > >
 > > I don't understand this question. What "new" card is there?
 > > The "old" Siemens card is the only PCI DVB card with MPEG2 decoder
 > > I am working on. So, if (and only if) it works it is of course this card.
 >
 > Since there are newer cards out there (that e.g. require the latest
 > driver to work) I was just wondering. I didn't mean to imply that there
 > is a "new" Siemens DVB-S card.

OK, but this is not really a completely new card. Only the frontend
and some connectors are a little bit different. These changes affect
a very small part of the driver. The major parts like PCI
bridge and MPEG2 decoder are the same.
And since I don't even have this new card version the question would
rather be if any new features will work with the new card version.

Ralph